Wednesday, July 21, 2010

the real day two

We are all a little addicted to something.

addictions Pictures, Images and Photos

I am addicted to:
  • Starbuck's Caramel Frappuccinos
  • Playing with my ears
  • FACEBOOK
Now where I may not be willing to admit how serious some
(ah-hem, i.e., facebook) of the addictions are,
none of these seriously hurt me and those around me.

As I was reading the fabulous Dalton Daily Citizen this morning (may I add a congrats to all the winners of the elections - CONGRATULATIONS), I came across something highly disturbing...

Man pleads guilty in child's death

I worked with this guy 5 or 6 years ago at a local restaurant. Apparently he was high on cocaine, methamphetamine, marijuana and alcohol when he beat his 5 week old. TO DEATH.

Hearing stories like this and watching shows like intervention,
seriously makes me question whether or not to have children.
Now I am not saying I forsee myself beating my child to death....
I just don't want to have a child that becomes addicted to black tar heroin,
or beats it's child to death.

Extreme. I know. But how does one know that they're not raising a child like this.

I've known bad parents to have amazing children. I've known amazing parents to have bad children.
Some parents are too strict or too lenient.
My parents were a nice mix. I believe.
I have made mistakes, plenty, but turned out decent. I believe. :)

BUT our parents can only guide us so far until we have to make decisions on our own. Bad or good.

Makes me wonder what road Nathan, the guy I worked with, took.
Did his parents do something wrong while he was growing up?
Where did he go wrong?
What lead him to go wrong?
What kind of life did he create?

Although my parents have faith in us (my younger brother and I), they still worry....
everytime we leave
everytime we don't answer
every minute
every day

Maybe its my age. Maybe its my mentality at this age. But as of right now, I want nothing to do with babies. I don't want my child to be pregnant at 16, smoke meth at 18, and die at 25.

Extreme. I know.

I have already worried enough about my future. Now I am creating it. Maybe babies will fit in one day, maybe they won't, and right now, I am okay with this.

On a lighter note...

Speaking of Starbuck's...and coffee.
As I was sipping my morning cup o' joe.
That was too hot
I realized life is like a cup of coffee (yes, I said coffee, not chocolates!)



you wait...and wait...and wait until its ready to drink
and then you have a small window of time to enjoy
before it gets too cold.


I feel like I have been waiting so long on the coffee to cool down that I've missed the moment where it is the perfect temperature.

This blog is my coffee cup.
I will fill it up everyday with thoughts.
And I will enjoy every drop of this cup of life.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Wow Cali, I know what you mean about thinking about kids and how they will turn out one day...who really knows the right way to raise a child? And I like your analogy of life and coffee...we often miss the perfect sip...because we just sit around waiting.
<3 Ashley Carroll

July 21, 2010 at 8:48 PM  
Blogger calistar said...

Thanks girl :) Glad you enjoyed.

July 22, 2010 at 6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home