Tuesday, July 20, 2010

semi-day two



Amélie
It is technically day two, precisely 12:14 am, as I begin my second post.

So far, I will admit, I've spent more time on this blog than Facebook on a normal day. But my excuse is....drumroll please....this is new and I've had to take time to create it.

you're welcome ;)

Back to Amelie...

...wait, not yet.

-A pet peeve of mine is when something isn't spelled right.

And Amelie doesn't have the acute accent above the first e. I THOUGHT I figured it out by holding down the alt key while pressing 130.

Release.

Voila...didn't work.

Curse it.

I did it again.

Voila is supposed to have a grave accent above the a. Apparently hp knew one day I was going to start writing a fascinating blog and they didn't want this to happen. So they decided to put this obstacle in my way - yeah, yeah ,yeah, you Mac lovers. I'm sure your Mac never leaves off an accent marking -

Amelie and Voila it is.

NOW back to Am(acute accented e)lie....

Amelie is a French film. Filmed in 2001. Amelie was nominated for 5 Oscars. Another 51 wins and 46 nominations.

Interesting I chose to watch this today. The day I start this blog....on the journey of creating myself.

Amelie's alleged heart condition forces her to live a sheltered life. She finds a long lost treasure and vows to return it to it's rightful owner. After witnessing his reaction, she decides to set out on bringing happiness to others.

Doing this for a while is fun, but Amelie soon realizes she hasn't done much for herself. After being reminded by a neighbor, she's grown to respect, that she can't be a brittle person, she decides to take life by the horns and falls in love with the life she created.

Watch this movie or you are a perdant - french for loser
(and yes BLOCKBUSTER has it) :)

Familiar, you say? Sounds like someone you know, you say?

I sure hope so :)

*and just for your curiousity...the time is now, precisely 1:14 am

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home