Tuesday, July 27, 2010

day seven

i'm moving back in with the p's at the end of this week.
bitter sweet.
no rent check.
no utility bill.
no cable bill.
no freedom

so some soul searching had to take place.
yes, i love my parents and am glad to see the above mentioned bills x'ed off the list, but i will miss the freedom and independence with living alone. (or with a roommate, but still more alone than with parents)
cooking alone.
watching t.v. alone.
being alone.

a state of being i have grown to love, yet hate to be.
alone.




















i watched another movie today called Broken English. its a 2007 Sundance film and stars Parkey Posey and Drea de Matteo. it, like Amelie, is about searching for life and finding happiness. joyful film.
a clip from the film where parker posey's character, nora, meets this man at a bar and he gives her a piece of informtation.
man "most people are together just so they are not alone, but some people want magic. i think you are one of those people"
nora "is there something wrong with that.""
man "nothing but it doesn't happen all the time."
nora "does it ever happen?"
man "first of all you must find happiness in yourself, do you understand"
nora "i think so"
man "tomorrow you will start your life again"

this is close to one of my favortie quotes out of a movie. maybe because it hits so close to home for me at this moment.
in a time where i'm creating me and who i want to be and working on falling in love with myself, this was just a vote of confidence.
many of my friends have boyfriends, are falling in love and some are getting married. i'll admit its getting hard...and i'm only 23!
i in no way want to be walking down an aisle anytime soon, unless its filled with shoes or doughnuts, so i am in no rush to get married.
but it gets lonely sometimes. so movies like this are a breath of fresh air.

i'll continue to have my outrageous demands of the guy of my dreams, and if he never comes...i'll be ok as long as i am ok with me!
and i'm working on that :)

i saw a quote once that read "you are never alone if you like the person you're alone with"
touché

i think the past 6 months livin' out on my own has been a trying time.
i've hated myself.
been disappointed in myself.
extremely happy.
pissed off.
sad.
mad.
overjoyed.
memories that i will have forever.
so where i may be going back home, i'm going back a wiser person.
and for that i am thankful and ready for the next chapter of my life.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kisor's Korner said...

It's emily....I'M READING!!!!!

July 27, 2010 at 1:12 PM  
Blogger Kisor's Korner said...

OK if I'm going to "follow" this blog," I'm going to need to to post more often. As you already know, you're quite entertaining! haha. and I will be in atl that weekend, but I have stuff to do the whole weekend :( but if you just needed a place to stay, you're more than welcome. I get back from Vancouver on Sunday. I'll call you next week.

July 29, 2010 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger calistar said...

just posted another one. glad you find me entertaining. haha.

July 30, 2010 at 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home