Wednesday, August 4, 2010

hump day

hope everyone has had an awesome hump day.

i am so happy to announce that i am moving again :)
moved back in the with p's saturday
and moving back out again friday
kind of just fell in my lap with the timing.

funny how things always have a way of working themselves out

i'm in the mood to blog about dating tonight
funny i'm blogging about it
when i know so little
but i am very familiar with the opposite
not dating

i've had one real boyfriend
not the 'will you go out with me? check yes or no' kind in 5th grade
the real deal
we dated for 2 years
and we couldn't have been more wrong for each other.

he was my crutch when all of my friends went off for college
i depended on his companionship
and he was all i had (other than my lovely p's)
i made him my everything
and that wasn't good.
it crashed and burned because of that reason
but i am partly the person i am today
because of the demise of that relationship
i didn't ever think i would recover
but i did and am thankful
and am stronger because of it.

been on dates here and there
but nothing ever solidifies.
i get asked out by the oddest and most random people.
oh and i love (add a sarcastic tone here) being set up.

like i've said before, several friends of mine
are seriously dating, getting married, making babies
all of which terrify me
i just want someone to hang out with, without it getting too serious.
it has proven to be a difficult task
due to them or myself.

i don't want to settle down in dalton
maybe because i've never ventured out
or maybe because there isn't much of a single life here
or maybe its just not for me
anyway...i want to leave when i graduate
so why get serious with someone here?

it does, although, get lonely at times
same ole places
same ole group of people
same ole gossip
same ole, same ole

it is hard to "just be friends" with the opposite sex sometimes
but it would be nice to have someone sometimes.

but for right now, that someone needs to be me.
i'll go on dates, but my guard is up for the time being.
this whole process of creating myself will eventually help me
find the person i want to share my life with
and not until then will i go looking...anymore.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Reminds me of a discussion I had with a friend Tuesday evening. Popular topic I guess.

Was the title "Hump Day" sort of a clever play on words (despite the fact this was a Wed post)? Sounds to me like the future of Hump Days are not too bright....

August 11, 2010 at 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home